Friday, July 6, 2012

Ladder

Here is my existing ladder.  Pretty sad looking isn't it?  So is that outdoor lamp.  The lamp is DC by the way. That surprised me.  I thought it was AC powered at first.   I think I can find something nicer.   Also the grab handle by the door looks like it might have been added later.  I use the ladder for a grab handle as much as the handle.  

Back to the ladder.  I think it is too far gone to repair. It is 77" and 6 steps.


 

Here is an example of a dock ladder I found while shopping around.  I did not like the RV ladders I found.  They looked cheezy, although I'd have to see one in person to decide.  This marine company makes different sizes and can custom make a "dock" ladder.  My camper theme is "Marine", so using a dock ladder fits in nicely. 

I'm calling them next week to see if they will make me a replacement ladder with less on top, a curved bottom like the Barth ladder, and with the 4" wide steps option also.  Their price for a 6 step ladder with the wide steps is $150.  So a custom ladder should be close to that price.  So I need to make some accurate measurements and it would be also nice if they could use flat pieces so I could pop rivet it on like the original.





It comes in 2" wide steps and 4" wide steps.  Here is the wide step tread.



No comments:

Post a Comment