Monday, June 25, 2012

Testing for Leaks

We had several major downpours here today. Even with the windows open, water only came in one place in the back where there was a lot of damage. So apparently the roof fix was not fixed completely.

The damaged area is right at the top of the ladder, reinforcing my opinion that walking on the roof contributed to the leak and subsequent damage.  Every place I looked that was sealed with closed cell foam was dry.

Next step is to try a hose. and locate the exact spots that is leaking, and to double check elsewhere for leaks.

I ordered two tubes of Acryl-R Aluminum sealant for the exterior. I don't think I really need it for moisture protection, but it seems like the prudent thing to do.

I order 200 Board Feet of closed cell foam.  I will begin insulating the areas as soon as my wiring update is done.

I still need to repair the jack mounts and pop out a few corner dents and learn how to repair these blind rivets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment