Friday, January 4, 2013

Corner Damage and Shower Toilet Planning



This top corner was crushed.  I was hoping I could pop it back out and reuse the old piece.  Now I am not so sure. I'll try but it might split.  It will be easier to make a new one if I have this somewhat in the right shape.  We'll have to see how it comes out.



Here is the culprit.  Lucky for me, only this cap was badly damaged.  It looks like someone backed into a garage eve or something high up like that. Some of the other corners show some signs of damage.  I also removed the other side in the back.  Two areas in the front show minor damage also.  I'm holding off on those until I finish the jack mounts.

This is the old bathroom located in the aft port corner.  The toilet was in the middle of the shower and the sink was to the right.  My plan is to put an Incinolet toilet here and a stainless steel yacht sink I have.  It will be a bigger sink, so I may have issues making it fit.  The shower will be separate and go on the other side.  That complicates plumbing, but the incinerating toilet eliminates the need for a black water holding tank.  For gray water I plan to filter it with charcoal and diatomaceous earth, and discharge it wherever I use it with a garden hose.  Or drop it into a 5 gallon bucket to be disposed of.  I may use diatomateous as a filter for fresh water.  I would like to be able to pump fresh water from lakes and streams though an effective filter medium for drinking and bathing use. 


  This area was propane storage.  Not any more.  That will have to go outside under the camper on a storage frame.  This area will be the shower.  I'll have storage above.  The shower will double as firewood storage down low and a hanging locker for wet clothes, or dry clothes.  I don't plan to bring many clothes with me, most of which will be stored in locker up high on the starboard side.  Port side will be food storage.  The shower will have to extend out a bit. I'd like to keep the entry wide, but I don't want the shower to be too small.  It will come out a few inches short of the door.  To the left of this space shown in the photo will be my heater.  I have still not decided exactly what sort of heater.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm leaning towards a small woodstove and either a diesel heater or a propane heater.  The old furnace was so big, it should be easy to fit several types of heater in the area formerly occupied by the furnace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment