Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bathroom

Here are some shots of the bathroom.  It looked bad at first, but cleaned up well.  Some of these may be duplicated elsewhere.  It wanted to be sure I had one page showing how well this cleaned up.

I don't think I took a picture of the bathroom -- before.  The counter was covered in dirt. The walls looked really bad.  The remaining stain will clean up, I just need to go back and hit that streak again.  

The cabinet is rusty and could be cleaned up and painted.  I will probably just toss it and buy a new one.   Or maybe I'll paint it and use it for a while.  Or maybe I'll just toss it out right away to save weight.  Most likely I'll gut the whole bathroom, if not the whole interior and start over.

The area around the sink looks dirty still.  It was too tight to get in and clean without a toothbrush.  Also, caulk was used everywhere to seal water in--it is a shower too.

I am wondering what to do about the shower pan which is also a tank to store gray and perhaps black water too.  I am leaning towards taking it out.  I would like to have a nice bathroom--just haven't decided what I want there.  It might be good to have a tank underneath the camper attached to a hitch extension.  I would prefer to have more headroom in the shower, as the tank takes up about 5" of space, or more.
Shower head looks ok.  I still need to clean this window.  It is the hardest to reach.  The back wall of the shower has popped loose a few rivets and the whole wall is warped.  It will need to be removed.  The side wall is ok, but I will probably rip that out as well.  For now it looks ok.  I did rip out the ceiling which was falling apart.
Here is the shower pan.  The head is gone and there is a board blocking it off.  I have no idea what the wires are for.  Perhaps it was an electric head?








No comments:

Post a Comment