Saturday, March 10, 2012

Power Converter

The power converter is working.  I would not mind if it did not work because I have a new pure sign wave Xantrex 1800 Inverter/Charger I want to install.  I would have installed it already if not for the fact that I can't remove the old one without "clutch" screw bits to unscrew it.

I question in my mind is how to connect the inverter.  I downloaded a copy of the installation manual.  I think I have many of the cables and plenty of wire to install it.

For now it is not a huge rush since it is working.  6 Amps (RMS I assume) input on 115V AC, is converted into 30 Amps of 13.5 Volt direct current use. 

I would like to install two breaker panels for both AC and DC.  The present wiring is spaghetti wiring. I found two fuses 20Amps each on the input wiring and I assume the outside outlet.  I have not seen any fuses on the DC circuits.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment