Friday, March 9, 2012

Unloading it...

I bought 16 concrete blocks and prepared to shore up the camper. I did not trust the legs of the camper and I was justified in this--more on that later.

The jacks were not tall enough to raise or lower the camper off my pickup bed.  My bed sits too high.  So I used wooden spacers built by the seller to raise up the camper.  I managed to get the camper lowered onto these, but it was sitting way to high for my taste.  I planned to remove the spacers, lower the jacks and the drop the trailer down another foot or so later on.



I felt this was still a bit to dangerous.  I needed more fore and aft support.  below are my steps which are still too hard to use the rise on the steps is too much for going in and out often.  my dog will use them to go up, and I carry her down.  More work to be done there.

No comments:

Post a Comment