Friday, March 9, 2012

Door Knob--Found & Installed

All of these activities took place in the last week.  I'm trying to catchup with the present day.  For example, the following took place on Monday of this week, and here it is Friday already.  I hope to get this blog current in the next few days.

I found a replacement door knob that was not installed.  It turned out the old door knob would not come off.  I managed to loosen it enough by taking off the plunger such that I could fit a hacksaw inside to cut off the bolts.  The new one required some filing for the plunger, and one part from the old door knob, but I made it fit.  It is nice to have a decent doorknob with two keys.  I need to put each key on my key chains and perhaps make another copy. I need to remove the top dead bolt and see if I can get it keyed to match.

I like installing things.  It gets the part out of the way, I can throw out the old part and I'm in business.

Old hardware, note no knob on one side.  I needed to file the opening slightly to make the new hardware fit.

So it now looks good outside.  The inner side of the door needs a new panel.  It is ok for now.  File that on jobs to do later.

No comments:

Post a Comment