Saturday, March 10, 2012

Frame Tie Downs

The  wings that support the camper are made out of wood and one of them is  damaged, two others need new bolts.  The all need new brackets and backing plates. 

My plan is to add some thick flat aluminum plate on the outside and some square tubing, and new style brackets to mount modern electric jacks.  I will also add some backing to spread the load more. 

The will also involve removing some plywood under the sink--which means removing the stove, sink, counter and more, and one closet and the furnace on the other side.

If I have to take out all of this material, I  might as well take everything out and start over with more insulation.  I would value a support structure that is tough enough to hold up for a long time.

Here are the old brackets.  The 2nd and 3rd photos show the jacks attached.




Here is what I'd like for electric jacks.
 Atwood  jacks.  Four of these can handle 3900 lbs.  I'd actually like something beefier if possible.  I will keep looking.  In any event the brackets must be available for commercial campers, I may be able to find what I need commercially, which should be cheaper than custom made parts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment