Saturday, March 10, 2012

Insulation

Since I am thinking about stripping out the entire interior, renewing the insulation is a good idea.  There is a thin layer of spray foam.  I'd like the maximum possible insulation.  My choice is closed cell foam insulation.  At R 6.2/inch, my 2" thick walls will have R 12.4.   This kit would do two campers.

  But with an aluminum shell and framing, the cold, or heat will conduct through the walls.  I think a thermal break is needed.  I like this product, but would prefer 2" wide material.

Stripping the inside would allow me to fix dents, seal seams using conventional sealant, aluminised ducting tape, and the closed cell foam.  It should be impossible for water to get in.  And it would be both warm and easy to cool with air conditioning.

One issue is maintenance.  This foam adds strength to panels and that means it will be hard to remove later.  Also wiring needs to be well planned because making changes will be much harder later.  My next post will list me wiring plan

No comments:

Post a Comment